The job of a Board Governance Committee is to ensure that the operations of the Board are always high quality in meeting all of the responsibilities of a Board of Directors. Typical recurring annual priorities of the Governance Committee are to ensure best practices in Board operations and should include to:
- Ensure new Board systems (new members, committees, work plans, etc.) are successfully incorporated into Board operations.
- Ensure Board is fully resourced to govern the organization.
- Ensure full participation and dedication of all Board members to the organization.
- Ensure all Board meetings are highly-focused and strategic.
- Ensure the Board leadership rigorously monitors implementation of work plans.
- Ensure continuous improvement of the Board.